Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I configure my Siemens 4100 Speedstream DSL Modem to work with my Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router?

I'm trying to setup my parent's Wireless internet and I'm having serious issues. I can't seem to get the Siemens Modem and the Wireless router to play nicely together. They have AT%26amp;T DSL service, but my Father purchased the modem at a retail store. The internet works just fine when hardlined into the PC directly. However when I attempt to wire everything through the Wireless Router, it's a no go.





I went through the Linksys Router Setup today (I've setup a FEW of these before with success) and the setup went over pretty smoothly. It recognized the router and everything was going alright...except that I couldn't get to any websites on the connection locally.





I called Linksys customer support which had me jump through several different hoops but we ultimately came to the conclusion that the issue was either on the Modem or ISP side. Basically the Modem wasn't recognizing the router (if I remember the support tech correctly). She mentioned that I should call AT%26amp;T to see if they could bridge the connection (again, if I remember correctly) somehow to allow the router to be recognized and work properly.





I'm trying to get ahold of AT%26amp;T about the issue but I fear they might not be able to help since my parents didn't purchase the modem through them. Any attempts to even get ahold of a Siemens customer supprt rep have failed (I called about 5 different numbers until I came to a number that didn't work...awesome).





I thought I'd come on here and ask to see if anyone knew off the top of their heads what might be my issue. I've done a little research on the internet about the problem and I've found a few resources but everyone seems to have 10 different opinions of how to actually fix it. I thought maybe if I laid out my details specifically I could get an answer more catered to my needs.





If you need any additional details from me to help find an answer please let me know!





Thanks in advance!





-Justin|||During your whole rant there, you didn't actually give any specifics. HOW are you setting up the router? I hope you're using PPPoE, and have input their ATT username and password into the router. That's how it needs to be done. Do not bother to try to bridge the connection between the modem and router, that's not how it works. Just login to the Linksys router through its 192.168.1.1 website address, set it to PPPoE, input the username/password, and connect it. That's all it takes.|||Well I'm not exactly sure where I was "ranting" about the question, but I appreciate your answer just the same. Part of the issue with it was the fact that I was unfamiliar with the process of setting up the router in a PPPoE. I was able to eventually get it up and running though.

Report Abuse


|||ATT has a decent support service once they get to it. But they are so slow that you have to be Job or have a great novel to read. Last time I used their service it took 4 days and about 20 different people or departments but they fixed the problem. their initial 800 number is in att.com and they will help you if you have the 10 digit account number (doesnt't matter where you bought what).


I had the issue of not getting to the websites. There is a check to be put (or erased) in some sub-sub-sub window in that 192.168.1.1. thingy or whatever the number is. So, only ATT can help you because they know what tells their machines to go ahead and connect to the websites at the end of the day. Good luck.|||The Modem isn;t what needs to be confiqured but rather the ROUTER. Follow the step by step insructions that came with the router. Let me quess you don't have them anymore. If thats the case google will match up your MODEM and ROUTER and give you the step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment