Saturday, December 24, 2011

Linksys Router?

I can no longer access the settings on it (192.168.1.1). I once changed it because the router and modem were having problems, but now we got a different setup. I changed the router to 192.168.2.1, but that doesn't show up with anything. When I type in 192.168.1.1 it asks me for a user name a password so I enter what I think is my user name and password and it says it's not it. I've tried multiple combinations and nothing is working! HELP!|||There is a reset button on the back. Its a little hole that you can put a paper clip in. Try resetting it both powered, and unplugged.....then try the factory user and password again.|||Do yourself a favor and press the reset button for at least 10 seconds with a paperclip. Cycle the power momentalrily afterwards and wait for the unit to initialize. It will then be at factory defaults and youcan go in and set everything the way you want. The only things that need to be changed is the login password and the wireless security setting. I always put a piece of tape on the side or bottom of the unit with the changed information written on it. Do go to the linksys website and run the latest firmware update.|||if you have changed to 192.168.2.1... if your DHCP is not enabled then you should manually set ur ip on ur system to 192.168.2.x ....... once its done wait for atleast 15 mins... then try accessing the router by 192.168.2.1 it will work...





once its changed to 192.168.2.1 .... the old 192.168.1.1 will not work so there is no point in trying for that... it may come from the cache...|||Call the company their support is pretty good%26gt;|||Try pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Then come back and let us know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment