Saturday, December 24, 2011

Whenever i run setup wizard for my linksys wireless G router it does not work properly?

When i get to step 8 and it says checking computer settings it scans to 100% then asks for my password after i type in my password it freezes for a little bit then just asks for my password again, I need to re-install it because i forgot my wpa key and i need it to set up my ps3 wireless browser is there any way i can retreive my settings from my router without having to uninstall and re-install it?|||If you know your admin pasword for your router then you can connect you PC to your router via a cable, then browse to yur router config page by going to


http://192.168.1.1/


if you changed your admin password type it in here, if you never changed it, it should be admin, or administrator


Once youinside the router webpages go to the WIRELESS tab, then under that go to the WIRELESS SECURITY tab, here you can enter a new WPA pasword





Good luck|||did you hit the reset button on the back??|||Open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 on the URL bar. Type in User name and Password if you entered any, if not enter 'admin' as password leaving User name blank. If you get to the setup page, go to Wireless tab %26gt; Basic Wireless Settings to see what the SSID is, and then go to Wireless Security to see what the WPA Shared Key is.

No comments:

Post a Comment