Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Linksys router wifi not working in my dorm room.?

I have a linksys router setup because they only have wired ethernet ports in the room. I have everything set up and it says that I'm connected to my network, but when I open safari the page just never loads. It doesn't say page cannot be displayed, the loading bar just doesn't move? Any help would be great, thanks.|||Click [Start] - Click [Run...] - enter: cmd, press [ENTER]


=


At the prompt (c:\.....%26gt;) enter: ipconfig /all, press [ENTER]


-


- Ensure DHCP Enabled == YES


-


At the prompt (c:\.....%26gt;) enter: ipconfig /release, press [ENTER]


-


At the prompt (c:\.....%26gt;) enter: ipconfig /renew, press [ENTER]


-


TEST: Open Web Browser: Connect to Internet.|||It's quite possible that the wired netwrok is configured to detect rogue wireless access points and routers and disable your connection. Check with the schools IT department and find out if they allow you to install your own wireless router.

No comments:

Post a Comment