Saturday, December 24, 2011

I Lost my Linksys Wireless-B BroadBand Router BEFW11S4 Version 4 setup CD?

I had to reformat my hard drive but now I can't find my linksys installation cd so I can't access the internet. I've tried the linksys web site and http://192.168.1.1 but neither of them have worked. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help, thank you.|||You never need those installation cds that come with routers. The default Linksys setup page is 192.168.1.1. There's no real reason for you to configure or reconfigure anything though. If it was working before you formatted, then its settings haven't changed, and it should still be in the same working state. Since you cant get online, or even get to the 192.168.1.1 page, it sounds like you didn't reinstall your network card drivers. You need to reinstall those, and any other drivers that your computer needs to operate correctly after a format.|||The BEFW11S4 Version 4 may be old, but not pathetic.


It supports WPA, so is as secure as most routers.


It cannot be cracked in 8 seconds, and of course it is not a modem :)

Report Abuse


|||Well, you can try Linksys site. Why not just update to something more modern? I could crack your modem in 8 seconds and shut you down with no remorse. WEP is pathetic and old. Just like that 802.11b router

No comments:

Post a Comment