Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Linksys Wireless Router Setup?

Okay, I've got problems. My computer is an HP Compaq desktop, and runs Windows Vista--pretty sure it's 32bit, Home Premium. The wireless router I'm trying to set up is a Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS model.





Okay, that's the techie part. The issue is that I can't get past this screen:





http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125鈥?/a>





I've tried every password I can think of, and even created a new one, but nothing makes it go past this screen--it'll redo the 'checking settings' part, and this pops up again. As you can kinda see in the background, I've searched online for the answer, but can't find my specific problem... Maybe I'm stupid. But I need help. Any answers? =) Much appreciated!|||it should be , blank user name , and admin as the password|||Sounds like it is time for a cable. Use an ethernet cable from one of the outputs to the computer and login to the front page of the router. Go to wireless/security of the unit and there will be codes for the type of security that is set up. Take the generated code and write it down. That will be the password it is requesting. To totally clear the unit you can hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds and then can get into it wirelessly without password. Don't push the button on the front panel as it will again set up a security. Do it manually and write on a piece of paper to tape to side of router for reference.|||I also had problems setting up my wireless router, I could


not figure it out. I found a phone number for customer


service on the paperwork that came with the router and they


were great. They walked me right through it, and it is working


perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment