Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I set up a linksys wireless router?

I am recarpetting my house and had to unplug my linksys home wireless setup wireless setup. I searched up everything and put it together the best I could, but it's not working. I searched up a video and set it up the exact way, but the router isn't getting any power. I've tried everything imaginable to do this but I can't figure out what I did wrong. It's a wireles-n from linksys. Please help. Extremely important and difficult. Sent from my iPhone.|||http://192.168.1.1/ on your computer will open the linksys router.





If you have no power, then you must get a new power supply.|||Are the lights on the router and modem working? If so, make sure the network cable from the modem is plugged in to the router WAN port. Any computers that were wired go into the lan ports. Shut down the modem, router, and any computers. Reboot the modem and wait a couple minutes for it to sync. Reboot the router next same way, finally reboot the pc(s). If the router is not powering up, try a different receptacle on another know working socket. If it still doesnt power up, either the router is bad or the power module is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment