Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How do you setup an linksys router?

ok so earlier today some stuff fell off of my desk and fell on me too[still trying to figure out how,lol] and i started putting things back and i was moving things about and i dont but something that fell hit my linksys router and the cisco systems light/button was blinking so i did some reaserch and found out that my linksys router had been reset to factory settings.and my warrentee is expired so i need some help setting it back up so i can have wireless internet in my house again.Thankyou all|||Either dig out the user manual that came with your router or download it from the Linksys web site and follow the directions for setting it up.|||RTFM - read the ... manual you can get it at linksys.com





Failing that google linksys setup instructions





I know, I could be a little nicer and copy and paste those instructions. Or just tell you to connect your computer via a wire and type in the IP address into a web browser. (default login no user name, "admin" is the password) 192.168.1.1 should be the IP address. You can also open a command prompt (Start menu - Run - type "cmd" hit enter) then type ipconfig/all and hit enter. The default gateway is your router's IP address.





I seem to be a little moody this afternoon. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment