Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I setup short password for Linksys router WRT54G?

I am trying to setup my Linksys router so we don't have to type in such a long network key every time someone wants to connect to my router..yet I still want to have a password on so the neighbors can't use it. I have messed with the settings with no luck. I have added a passphrase and that didn't work either. I know this is possible as my previous roommate had the exact router and we had a simple password.|||You can use 2 different lengths of Wep keys, and you can use any characters between 1-9 and A-F. Most people use the randomly generated ones, which is wise, but if youd like something simpler you can use something simple like:


AAABBBCCCEEEDDDFFF12345678


(26 characters in total)


You can always use a 64 bit Key if youd like, which is less characters:


7226553448


(10 Characters total)





I hope this helps,

No comments:

Post a Comment