Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How do I uninstall dd-wrt from my Linksys WRT54G Router?

I was going into my ip address to get to the router setup to set a new password for my wireless security when I noticed that the usually Linksys layout is covered by the dd-wrt. How do I go about remove this when I know I didn't install it in the first place?|||Not sure but it may have come that way - it is actually better firmware ($600.00 router firmware) for that router than the Cisco Firmware ($60.00 firmware)...you get more choices with it, expecially for the radio. you can boost your wireless signal, prioritize what programs get your precious bandwidth, and do lots of other simple or potentially much more complicated things to improve your computing experience If you do want to go back all you have to do is a firmware upgrade and that should do it for you



Regards|||Somebody installed it.





The only way to go back - and I'm not sure this will work - is a hard reset, which will undo all your settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment