Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I setup my T-Mobile/Linksys Router?

I'm trying to setup the T-Mobile router on a different computer because my last one died. Normally the install CD and everything associated with it works just fine. Now however when it gets to the point where it tries to detect my current network settings (Comcast cable modem, nothing fancy or different from how they first install it) it says it can't detect my settings and says to either make sure your computer has a wired connection to the router (the router isn't supposed to be connected yet), check your modem connection (I'm on the internet obviously) or check the status of your ISP. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've never had this problem before.|||I would bypass the setup disc, and setup the router manually. Plug a Cat 5 cable into one of the ports, open internet explorer, type the routers gateway/IP address, usually it's 192.168.0.1 for the tmobile/linksys routers, and setup everything manually. You don't have to run the disc that's included.











Ryan Matthew


B.S. Computer Science, MCT, MCSE, MCP, MCOS, MCSA, MCDBA, A+, Hardware +, Network +, CEH, CCFE, NPT, CCNA, CCIE RS

No comments:

Post a Comment