Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I setup a linksys router with a school network?

I am having trouble setting up my linksys router. I had it set up with automatic DHCP but I was unable to forward ports correctly as I needed a static IP address. I went ahead and made one but the settings are a bit confusing because it will work when first set up but when I turn on my computer again the computer receives a new set of IP addresses and DNS servers from the school so the computer stops working and needs new info. How do I configure this correctly to work with a static IP address. Also the speeds are also very slow when going through the router and when I try to visit a website the bottom of the page says looking for... (website) like it does when there is no connection, it will then go through a couple seconds later and bring me the website. How do I fix this so that the speed is normal and it is setup to forward ports correctly?|||Your major problem is that you are trying to put a router on someone else's network. I am certain you can completely resolve this problem by talking with the System Administrator who will have alternatives more likely than not.





Now if you are reluctant to contact the System Administrator, and I suspect you are, it is because you have no permission to add a low end home grade router to the school network.





I suggest further that you behave yourself as you can get into deep trouble doing what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment