Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I need help with Linksys-N router and Motorola modem wireless setup?

My DSL wireless internet has been working fine awhile. Then one day it stopped working. AT%26amp;T determined that is was a broken modem. I bought a new Motorola modem and Linksys wireless-n router. I set both of them up and I cannot get my wireless connection to work properly with my PC and Mac. When I hook the modem directly to the computers I get internet access, so the modem is fine.





When I hook up the modem to the Linksys wireless-n router the default setting is DHCP and I get wireless internet access on my Mac but not on my PC. When I set the router to PPPOE (with username/password etc.), I lose the wireless internet access on my Mac. My setting before all of this happened was PPOE and everything worked fine.





I remember that when my last router broke a couple years ago I also had a problem getting wireless internet setup and an AT%26amp;T tech determined that it was a conflict between the modem setting being DHCP (or something to that sort) and my Linksys router being PPOE. He walked me through changing something in the modem settings and I kept the PPOE setting on the router and everything worked fine. He also said something about when the IP expires that I may run into another problem and his fix was temporary (The fix worked for a couple of years and so nothing really expired).





So my question what do I need to change in my Linksys-N router and Motorola modem settings to get them to work together knowing that the setting of the router needs to be PPOE. I need wireless internet access for a PC and a Mac.





I need HELP..THANK YOU SOOO Much to anyone that can help!!|||Contact Linksys

No comments:

Post a Comment