Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Linksys wireless router setup help?

I have everything plugged in right and I ran the setup CD that came with it and I got through everything until it came to a part that asked me to check that all the LED lights are lit then I click next and it brings up a thing that asks for a password... I have no clue what the password is, i've tried admin and i've tried just leaving it blank but neither work... i'm also having a problem with the web page http://192.168.1.1/ on the linksys.com support page it shows what the page should look like and mine doesn't have half of the buttons needed... if anyone understands what i'm saying and knows what to do I would really appreciate some help.... oh and btw it's the 2.4GHz WRT54G|||On the back of the router there is a little hole that says reset. Unplug the router and take an ink pen (or something similar) and push it in to reset the router to factory defaults and start the cd over. That should take care of the password problem.|||I believe the default password on that router is: 1234





Another site I just checked says the default is: admin|||The default password should be admin|||You will need to upgrade your browser IE6 to IE7 or Firefox. the default password is admin off course|||If that is for the configuration of your internet access from your ISP, use the password for your ISP account, I'm very sure that you are subscribed to a company for your internet, you have an account username and password and that should be it





here is a link to help you with the linksys router





http://portforward.com/english/routers/w鈥?/a>





goodluck

No comments:

Post a Comment