Saturday, December 24, 2011

Moving a router setup?

My Linksys router setup was secure and working OK until I started moving to a new house. I am getting an "excellent" signal to my laptop, but the internet is not working. When you turn off the router, do you need to reset something to get the settings to work again? Do I need to turn off the entire system (cable modem included) in a certain order to fix this? Any info (or a website I can visit) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!|||www.linksys.com would be your best bet. Normally when you turn the router off and move to another location you would change out your modem, did this happen? if it did then you need to change the mac address on the router to reflect the new modem. Also the ip address for the wan might have changed make sure you change this in the router also.

No comments:

Post a Comment