Friday, December 16, 2011

Setup linksys router without installation disc?

I had to reset my router because of problems with internet. Ive done that. I no longer have the disc. I cannot go wireless. I went to this site http://192.168.1.1 that an hp assistant gave me to help me reset it only the link does not work. I dont want to call the number back because its late. Basiclay lost right now lol. Need some damn help. Would be greatly appreaciated XD|||There should be a button on the bottom of the router labeled 'reset'. Push it in and the router will reset to factory settings. ( dhcp is usually enabled by default) the lights for network activity should blink for a few seconds as the router gets a new ip from the network. you should then be able to go to 192.168.1.1 and access the router.|||If you are looking for a download version of the setup CD go to this page- http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wirel鈥?/a>


select your router model or type it in the search, when the router's page has loaded select the 'downloads' tab, check the right hardware version(if applicable)and you should get a list of downloads for your device including the Easy setup/connect wizard or whatever that was on the CD

No comments:

Post a Comment